Adopting a dog from Labrador Retriever Rescue of Fresno is a commitment for life. While we will always take a dog back into our care if an adoption should fail, know that we will expect you to do everything in your power to address the problem first, including seeking professional training. We will provide you with support and resources to be successful, but your commitment is crucial to success.
In order to provide transparency and clarity into the process, Labrador Retriever Rescue of Fresno has established the following procedures and policies in relation to the Adoption Process.
Step 1: Read this document in full. It answers most questions we receive regarding the rescue and the adoption process. If you still have questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL REGARDING AVAILABILITY. All dogs are in different foster homes, so this email address will not know status.
Step 2: Pay the Application Fee online. You will prompted to enter your credit card information using this secure form upon submission of your application. Your application will NOT be considered without a one-time, non-refundable $10 donation.
Step 3: Complete the Adoption Application online, answer all questions completely. Only ONE application needs to be submitted. If the dog you are interested in has an adoption pending, you will simply reply again when there is another dog you are interested in.
Step 4: Your application will be reviewed by an Adoption Coordinator.
Step 5: If you are considered to be a potential adoption candidate based on the application review, your application will be sent to the foster family who has the dog you are interested in for follow up. Each dog is in a private home and each individual foster will contact you directly. They will schedule a meet and greet with you if they feel there might be a good match for the dog in their care. A home visit will be scheduled when all members of a household (people & animals) are present for the home visit. If the applicant lives out of the area, other arrangements can be made.
Step 6: The foster or a designated volunteer will meet with you at your home. This is a very important step in the adoption process. The volunteer is there to make sure your home environment and lifestyle is a good fit for the dog you are interested in. The volunteer will check that the fencing is sound and gates latch properly. Our volunteers want the best for the dogs we adopt out as well as the people adopting from us. In some instances the visit will be by Facetime or Zoom, as determined by the rescue.
» For more information about our adoption process, please read through the Frequently Asked Questions
Our adoption prices are as follows:
Special consideration may be granted for dogs with medical needs or bonded pairs.
LRRF, INC., AND ITS REPRESENTATIVES ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGE OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY DOG ADOPTED NOR DOES LRRF, INC., MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE AS TO THE DOG'S PRESENT OR FUTURE MEDICAL CONDITION OR TEMPERAMENT. ADOPTER UNDERSTANDS THAT ANY DOG MAY BE PRONE TO MEDICAL OR GENETIC CONDITIONS NOT READILY EVIDENT, SUCH AS HIP DYSPLASIA, EYE AND/OR HEART CONDITIONS, ETC.
1. The ADOPTER agrees to allow LRRF, INC., to periodically check to confirm dog's well being and to ensure compliance with all Adoption Agreement conditions. This may include a home visit. LRRF, INC., retains the right to reclaim dog when neglect, abuse, inadequate home or veterinary care or breach of contract are found. The ADOPTER agrees to relinquish dog to LRRF, Inc., immediately upon request without legal writ or order should such neglect abuse or inadequate home or veterinary care be determined at the sole discretion of LRRF, Inc.
2. The ADOPTER agrees that should ADOPTER for any reason, at any time, be unable to keep the dog, ADOPTER will immediately contact LRRF, INC. for assistance. The dog shall not be given or sold to another party or abandoned or relinquished to a shelter.
3. The ADOPTER agrees that there are costs involved in maintaining a dog and agrees to assume full responsibility for food, health care, licensing and training of said dog.
4. The ADOPTER agrees the dog will be kept in a safe environment when left alone and will not be left chained or tied unattended or allowed to run loose or off lead anywhere his safety or well being may be jeopardized.
5. The ADOPTER agrees to provide dog with a current license and tag according to state and local laws, rabies tag and an identification tag with ADOPTER'S name and telephone number and to affix same to a well fitting buckle collar which the dog shall wear at all times. Choke or other training collars may be worn during training.
6. The ADOPTER agrees the dog will not be attack trained, allowed to engage in any fighting activity nor will the dog be used in experiments or research of any kind.
7. The ADOPTER agrees to provide quality veterinary care including, but not limited to Rabies inoculation an annual DHLPP booster, LYME disease inoculation where appropriate, HEART WORM preventative, FLEA preventive either via pill (Program Interceptor) or other suitable method (LRRF, Inc., does not recommend flea collars due to their toxicity) and to seek prompt veterinary care when indicated by symptoms or in an emergency. Finally, should euthanasia become necessary, ADOPTER will not turn dog over to a humane society or shelter but have the dog humanely put down by a qualified veterinarian. LRRF, Inc., is always available for consultation and assistance in this and all other areas pertaining to the health and training of the dog.
8. The ADOPTER agrees that upon adoption. [the physical taking of the dog] that he/she (the ADOPTER) is fully responsible for the dog and he/she (the ADOPTER) forever releases, discharges and holds harmless LRRF, Inc., from any and all damage, costs or expenses, liquidated or otherwise, incurred by the ADOPTER resulting from the adoption of the dog, including but not limited to damage or injury of persons or property by the dog. ADOPTER holds LRRF, Inc., and any other persons harmless from any and all liability of any nature and cause directly or indirectly relating to this adoption.
9. The ADOPTER understands that dogs may carry disease and parasites that may he transmissible to humans. ADOPTER understands that people with suppressed immune systems (Due to an immune disorder, cancer treatment, organ transplant, etc.) are at greatest risk and ADOPTER holds LRRF, Inc., harmless.
10.The ADOPTER agrees that any changes or additions to these Terms and Conditions of Adoption must be in the form of an addendum and signed by all parties.
11. The ADOPTER agrees that the dog being adopted is a companion animal and while it may be capable of performing other functions, no warranty is given as to its fitness for any special purpose.
12. The ADOPTER agrees that the dog may NOT be kept outside exclusively, but must be an inside/outside dog and must have ample house and “people” time, in particular, must be allowed to sleep indoors at night.
13. I am at least 21 years of age.
If any provision of this contract is or becomes void or unenforceable by force or operation of law, the other provisions shall remain valid and enforceable. The entire agreement between the parties is contained herein.
I/WE, THE ADOPTERS, HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS ADOPTION FORM AND AGREE TO ABIDE BY ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS STATED HEREIN. BY SUBMITTING THIS APPLICATION ON-LINE, I/WE AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OUTLINED ABOVE.